My partner commited suicide and I am jealous

I am a 60 year old gay male. My partner commited suicide (by hanging) two years ago and I am starting to feel like I would be better off doing the same. I want to find other gays who have been through this and cannot seem to get a link to such a group. How to I find others to talk to? My VA doctor is nice but doesn't have a clue. My friends think I am wallowing in self pity, but they don't know how hard I try to let it go.

I do not agree with your friends that you are wallowing in self pity. However, I do believe you are clinically depressed. No doubt you miss your partner greatly and it's unfortunate your friends are not more supportive.

If your VA doctor "doesn't have a clue," I strongly urge you to consult a mental health professional (psychologist or psychiatrist) who does. Grief and loss can cause significant psychological trauma. Psychotherapy (talking therapy) combined with antidepressant medications can be very helpful. Harming yourself is not the answer.

I'm here if you need me, OK? I, too, have lost people very close to me, including my only brother.

Weight Gain
what can I do to help with the fatigue like diet and sleep