Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

mouth infection and anemia
Jul 12, 2010

Hi doctor Bob,

Congratulation for your good work. I wrote to you 6 years ago for a possible hiv infection. At that time, I was seronegative but time passed and discovered that I was positive recently. I am canadian originally from north africa but I am currently working in north africa.

I recently broke a tooth which become infected and I have gingivitis. I stopped smoking and drinking pop. I am on amoxicilin (trihydrate) and I take a mouth solution contaning chlorhexidrine digluconate 0,2 %. I am tiered and have problem to breath some time with low grade fever. I brush my teeth 4 time a day and I take those antibiotics 2 times a day, Since I take them I feel tiered. The prescription is for 7 days. Will this treatment clean the infection in my mouth and stop my tieredness. I am on that for the last two days.

I can't talk to that to my MD because he is my uncle. In the country where I am it is not well seen to be HIV pos and the society is in denial of HIV. There almost no support for hiv people.

I am thinking to go back to canada to have proper care. I feel alone and vulnerable in that society.

have a nice day Doctor Bob.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Infections can be associated with fatigue. However, there are many other potential underlying causes of HIV-associated fatigue. Review the chapter in the archives of this forum devoted to this topic.

Antibiotics, such as amoxicillin, can cure some types of bacterial infections, but not all of them. Unfortunately I can't determine over the Internet if your antibiotic regimen will work.

I'm concerned you are living in a situation where you cannot seek medical care and where there is little HIV expertise (or tolerance/compassion). I agree with your plan to move back to Canada for proper ongoing HIV care.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Are we going "Back to the Future" in vaccine research?
Next
CD4 Count V. CD4% Count (ABSOLUTE CD4 COUNT VERSUS CD4%, 2010) (WHEN TO START TREATMENT, 2010)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.