|hiv and j-pouch
Jun 26, 2010
right now my viral load is 5000 cd4 is 900's. my doc says he isn't ready to put me back on meds. i feel doubly concerned with to immuned comprimend situations, would you recommend meds?
Response from Dr. Frascino
You are currently doing well immunologically (normal CD4 count) and virologically (low HIV plasma viral load). The potential benefits of combination antiretroviral therapy, such as decreased immune activation and preservation of immune function, must be weighted against the risk of short- and long-term medication side effects and toxicities. Personally I would recommend treatment if the person understood the risks/benefits and wanted to start (or restart).
Testosterone vs Tribulus on Atripla?
Need an HIV Doctor in NYC
- Vaginal Discharge Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.