False positive HIV results

Hi, I just had my annual labs done and my HIV test came back as a false positive. The western blot was negative but the other two factors of the hiv panel were positive. The one that is supposed to be >1.0 was 1.45 so just barelt high. What does thid mean and why would someone get a false positive? I am not a high risk patient either. I am a 34 year old woman with one partner. I am really freakin out! I went and did more labwork yesterday to get a cd4, viral load, etc.. but I have to wait a week to get results. I'm so scared. What do I do? I am also worried because I work in the medical field. And I have Vista insurance, I would never be able to afford the meds. Does someone with hiv automatically qualify for medicad? Oh my goodness, I have a million things running through my mind! Please give me any advice! Thank you, So unbelievably scared!

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Anemia early in HIV disease progression
Oraquick Antibody test