what are the ethical rules concerning the amount of time a dr. can wait before sharing my medical information with me?

Dear Dr. Bob: I've been hiv positive since 1994. i'm doing well with cd4s in the 4-500 range and am non-detectable. two weeks ago i came down with night sweats, fever, and chills so bad i did not sleep for a week. a week ago they found blood and protein in the urine at a concerning but not alarming level. also the white blood count was high so they put me on bactrim. i happened to have a check up with a colon rectal surgeon scheduled for last monday and my primary care doc asked me to have him check the prostrate. he felt that it was enlarged but it's not his area of expertise, he inflated my rectum with air and found that the prostrate seemed to be pressing into the rectum and at that place the rectum was red and oozing blood or pus. he ordered a ct scan for tuesday. i called thursday and his nurse said he had the results and would probably call me friday, but he did not. my mom got a ct scan on thursday and her doc called her friday. three years ago i had a colonoscopy with the same doc who ordered the ct and it was to see if i had crohn's disease because of fistulas. the first fistula i ever got was after this doc performed surgery to remove a condlyoma. it was almost two weeks before he called with the results of the colonosopy. am i wrong to think i'm entitled to my medical information sooner than i've been getting it? are there ethical guidelines? should i complain to the AMA? by the way, he seemed to think i had crohn's disease ( at 47) based on a single site of inflamation and the presence of fistulas.i've never had cramping or any other symptoms other than diarhea which i've had for 15 years. i got a second opinion and he did not feel i had crohns. feel free to edit my email. i wanted you to have all the facts. i very much appreciate this forum and newsletter. it's helped me so much

Are you wrong to assume you are entitled to your test results sooner than what you've been experiencing? No, absolutely not. I'm amazed Dr. Slowpoke is still in business. You can complain to your state medical board's division of medical quality assurance. I also wonder why you chose to go back to this loser. He misdiagnosed your condition three years ago. I'd suggest you fire him, demand a copy of your medical records, and find a more competent and compassionate colorectal surgeon. You could also lodge a complaint at the hospital where he works or clinic where he practices. Also, be sure to advise your primary care doctor so he won't refer any more patients to this guy.

Can it be the HIV magical Cure?Sample for free free free
hiv test before emergency surgery