|Starting to lose Kidney function.some macroytosis.AZT 5 years ago.new
Apr 18, 2010
I have been on 3TC/reverse and am having kidney loss of function and liver.problems.Medication changes necessary.But these bring on more stress.Any suggestions to help kidneys regain functionality 20 years with hIV now. \
Response from Dr. Frascino
HIV disease can cause kidney failure due to HIV infection of the kidney cells. This is called HIV-associated nephropathy (HIVAN). Other causes of kidney disease include diabetes and high blood pressure. Your HIV specialist physician needs to evaluate your problem and find the cause of your decreased kidney function. Changes in your antiretroviral medication or dose adjustments of your current medications may be warranted depending on the degree of kidney impairment.
Close and prompt follow up with your HIV specialist physician is warranted.
sick of the crazy abuse
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.