Just been diagnosed with HIV

Was recently tested positive, I am taking coviro and stalanev and cotrimazole as well as AMT. I have a sharp excruciating pain at the back of my right leg and now cant walk. Is this normal, should I seek medication? Can i take pain killers?

My CD4 count was 7, what changes do i need to make to my diet?

Absolutely nothing about having HIV/AIDS is "normal." It's unfortunate your HIV/AIDS was diagnosed only "recently." Your profoundly depressed CD4 count suggests you've most likely been HIV infected for about 10 years. Delayed diagnosis has allowed the virus to severely damage your immune system, which means you have an increased susceptibility to a wide variety of opportunistic infections and malignancies. Diet is not the answer. You need to work closely with an HIV physician specialist to decrease HIV replication, boost CD4 counts and treat and/or prevent opportunistic complications. There are a number of potential causes for your right leg pain. Unfortunately I cannot diagnose the exact cause over the internet. Your HIV doctor will need to examine you. You can take painkillers as needed. I would also discuss your current medications with your doctor, as Coviro contains 3TC and D4T and Stalanev contains 3TC, D4T and nevirapine. Consequently, if you are taking both of these combination drugs, you may be getting a double dose of 3TC and D4T. Close follow up with an experienced HIV physician is warranted.

Good luck. I'm here if you need me, OK? Check out the "Just Diagnosed" chapter on the Body's home page.

help please
Re: Blood Electrification Question (ROBERT BECK) (BLOOD ELECTRIFICATION) Aug 11, 2008