hiv medication

my partner has just been diagnosed with hiv her cd4 count is 333 and percentage 24%. she was told she would only need to start taking medication if it drops to 200 or less is there anything she can do to stop this dropping in the way of diet etc

I would recommend a healthy balanced diet for everyone, whether they are HIV infected or not. Unfortunately diet won't stop CD4 cells from declining: For that combination antiretroviral medications are needed. I don't know from where you are writing, but the recent treatment guidelines published in the U.S. recommend beginning treatment when the CD4 count falls into the 350-500 range. Many of us would recommend starting antiretrovirals even if the CD4 count is above 500. I would suggest your partner talk to her doctor about starting treatment now. Alternatively she could get a second opinion from another (more reasonable and knowledgeable) HIV physician specialist.

Long-term survivors (INSPIRING STORIES)
Tiredness follow-up