Androgel Scrotum Administration

Why is Dr. Frascino a condescending jerk? Does he think his curt, derisive, and unhelpful answer is cute?

Since Frascino's answer contradicts Dr. Keith Henry on the same subject, where at least Dr. Henry conveys some sense of dignity, why don't you censor Dr. Franscino and have him consult with Dr. Henry?

You think my response was "curt, derisive and unhelpful" and that I'm a "condescending jerk?" Hmm. That's a bit harsh, doncha think?

The questioner stated he had "read the technical literature about administration." I assumed he was telling the truth. The literature explains that the application sites were specifically chosen to control the rate of systemic absorption of the drug through the skin.

And yup, I admit it, I did think my response was "cute." The analogy was also accurate. (See below.) Sorry you don't agree. You probably will hate my 2003 response about testosterone up the butt as well. (See below.) Despite the casual nature of some of my responses, the information is accurate. I'm curious. What do you think needs to be censored?

My advice to you is to lighten up a bit, or at least consider a sense of humor transplant, OK?

And just for the record, I strongly disagree with the advice that AndroGel should ever be administer to the scrotum!

Androgel Scrotum Administration Jan 29, 2006

I am currently on Androgel. I have read the technical literature about administation, but I am curious. WHY should you not apply Androgel to the scrotum, specifically?

For the same reason you don't scotch-tape an aspirin to your forehead when you have a headache.

Can Testosterone be administered through the rectum? Jul 27, 2003

My doctor prescribed testosterone for administration to the skin, he recommended applying it to my scrotum. The tube of testerone came with a tube applicator, similar to one with KY jelly. With KY the instructions suggested that the jelly could be applied by inserting the applictor in the vagina or rectum for better lubrication. My question is: what would be the reaction of my body with testosterone applied by the tube inserted into my rectum? Would this assist in absorbtion? What harm could happen if I am careful about inserting the tube (It is not as large as an erect penis)/ I am curious about this. Thank you for your advice.

Jerry

Hello Jerry,

I hope you are still just "curious about this" and haven't started trying to squirt testosterone up your bum yet!

Commercially available testosterone gel is called (in the United States) AndroGel. It (and presumably your product as well) should not be inserted into any body cavity, including your butt! Nor should it be applied to your scrotum. (You should let your doctor know this! Actually, your doctor should know this already, but just in case he doesn't, you should advise him!) AndroGel should be applied once daily (preferably in the morning) to clean, dry, intact skin of the shoulders and upper arms and/or abdomen.

Please note: AndroGel (or any topical testosterone product) is not KY Jelly and should not be applied to the rectum, even if it does come with a "tube applicator."

Talk to the pharmacist at the pharmacy where you got your medication, if you need additional advice. Do not try to put things where they don't belong just because of their shape. Remember, just because a banana is shaped like a Mr. Happy, you wouldn't try eating one with your butt, would you? (Maybe you better not answer that question.)

Anyway, the bottom line is you should keep the testosterone out of your bottom, OK? Stay well.

What is the gestation period
Long-term survivors (INSPIRING STORIES)