Jan 9, 2010
First off thank you for all the time you put into answering questions on this website.
My doctor told me to change over to Truvada 300/200mg once daily and Continue the Stocrin. I would like a second opinion on this.
All of my vitals are good, such as liver functions.
Again thank you for your time. joe
Response from Dr. Frascino
I would agree with this switch. Your current regimen is working well both virologically (viral load undetectable) and immunologically (CD4 count increase from 120 to 266). The main reasons to switch to Truvada (tenofovir plus emtricitabine) are:
2. Truvada is more potent than Zilarvir (Combivir) in head-to-head clinical trials.
Be well. Stay well.
Yet another question on fatigue
- Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- Do Night Sweats Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Sore On Tongue A Symptom Of HIV?
- Chills After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- If You Use A Condom Correctly Can You Get A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.