changing Meds

First off thank you for all the time you put into answering questions on this website.

I have been taking Lamivudine 150mg,Zidovudine300mg(Zilarvir) twice daily and Stocrin 600mg 1 time daily. for 1 1/2 years. my V.L is undetectable, and my CD4 rose from 120 to 266.

My doctor told me to change over to Truvada 300/200mg once daily and Continue the Stocrin. I would like a second opinion on this.

All of my vitals are good, such as liver functions.

Again thank you for your time. joe

Hi Joe,

I would agree with this switch. Your current regimen is working well both virologically (viral load undetectable) and immunologically (CD4 count increase from 120 to 266). The main reasons to switch to Truvada (tenofovir plus emtricitabine) are:

1. Truvada has fewer side effects and toxicities, including lipoatrophy, anemia and fatigue.

2. Truvada is more potent than Zilarvir (Combivir) in head-to-head clinical trials.

Be well. Stay well.

No comment
Yet another question on fatigue