Fatigue and other complications

My partner and I are both POS. He has probably had it longer than I and was probably the person who infected me. I am doing fine and he is not. His viral load is 175K, cd4 is at 275. He syffers from cronic fatigue, nose bleeds, the runs, upset stomach and vomiting. Has a few good days then this repeats all over again. He is on atripla and 2 other meds that he wont talk about. We live apart now in a long distance relationship. He also takes adirol for a seratonin problem that he has had for 20 years. Any advice that I can use to get him healthy.

Thanks, JOhn

Hello John,

Your partner needs a complete evaluation by a competent HIV physician specialist. His Article is obviously not effective (assuming he's been on it for several months), as his HIV plasma viral load is quite high (175K). He may well be resistant to one or more of the drugs in Article. He needs a resistance test (genotype/phenotype) to help guide the choice of his next regimen.

In addition, he needs a completely evaluation for his other problems (fatigue, epistaxis, diarrhea, vomiting, etc.). There are many potential underlying causes of each of these symptoms. You can review the causes of HIV-associated fatigue in the archives of this forum. If your partner is not familiar with this Web site, turn him on to it. There is much information here that he could find useful.

Good luck to you both.

Low CD4 and Just Started Atripla: Common Cold Danger?
please help me out