For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

black doctors in Harlem NY

I'm having a hard time finding a good HIV doctor that's also a nutritionist, two in one ( I'm on Medicaid ). I work out ( muscular guy ) and would also like to take supplements for muscle gain that won't interfere with my HAART meds. I'm on Norvir, Reyataz and Truvada. I've been looking at GNC's Muscle Milk, can you suggest anything that will build muscle?

A high-protein balanced diet and regular trips to the gym are your best options. Most HIV specialists are not nutritionists! A single consultation with an HIV-knowledgeable nutritionist to evaluate and optimize your diet and exercise regimen may be all you need. Your HIV specialist physician should be able to recommend someone for this purpose. Here is an article that discusses nutrition for HIVers. Good luck! I'll see you at the bench press!

Happy Holidays.

HIV and stigma
AIDS to HIV - CD4 Count