How To Take PEP?

I was very nervous when my doctor was explaining how to take the PEP meds. So, I am not exactly sure I have been doing it correctly. I am in Bangkok now and there are also language barrier problems and Im not sure if my doctor and I are always understanding each other.

The instructions on the bottles say:

Truvada (once daily) Stocrin (once before bed)

But Usually when I read something that scares me on the internet I take both pills immediately after. Is this going to effect whether or not the PEP meds work?

I am on day 8 now and this has been the timeline:

Day 1: took pills about 32 hours after exposure Day 2-6: took pills together around the time of exposure (6 am) Day 7: took truvada 6 am, stocrin 4 pm (which is when I go to sleep).

I was planning on doing the Day 7 schedule for the rest of the 28 days. Do you see any problems with this time line? Also, are these two pills effective for PEP? I am in Thailand and I am also worried about getting less effective meds.

It's fine to take Truvada in the morning and Stocrin at bedtime. (Stocrin taken at bedtime helps reduce CNS-related side effects, but it can be taken anytime). You could also take both pills at the same time, if that is more convenient for you.

Stocrin plus Truvada is considered an effective PEP regimen.

Good luck PEP-ing!

scared to get tested
ANTIBIOTICS AND VL TESTS