|Should an Hiv+ person remove tonsils
Oct 21, 2009
Hi Dr, My fiance is HIV positive and his tonsils give him problems now and then. Is it advisable for him to remove them as his Doctor suggested? He is currently using no medication except vitamin supplements as his CD4 count is above 600, I'm not sure about his viral load though.
Response from Dr. Frascino
If your fiance needs to have his tonsils removed, there is no reason his HIV-positive status should prevent him from undergoing the recommended surgery.
Uncertain of risk, and concern about one symptom (follow up)
H1N1 "target" population
- Burning Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.