FLU VACCINES

Hey Dr. Bob,

I don't have HIV. Is it safe for me (or anyone) to get both flu vaccines (regular and H1N1) at the same time?

What I was HIV positive and didn't know it?

Dexter

Hey Dexter,

It depends on the formulation of the vaccines. Folks can receive two flu shots or a combination of nasal mist and a flu shot at the same time. However, no one should take both vaccines in the nasal mist formulation at the same time. You would need to wait two weeks between vaccinations so the attenuated viruses in the nasal mist preparation do not compete against each other. It's also worth noting, HIVers should only get the injectable (killed virus) formulation. Both seasonal flu and H1N1 injectable (killed virus) vaccines can be administered at the same time in HIVers.

Is it fatigue from HIV or Depression?
Cure for HIV/AIDS ....Ambush