|Swine flue shots
Oct 10, 2009
is it wise to take a swine flue shot or nasal spray when you have HIV? What is the risk to a person with a compromised immune system?
Response from Dr. Frascino
H1N1 (swine flu) vaccination is recommended for HIVers. You should only take the injectable formulation. The nasal spray contains a live attenuated virus that should not be used in folks who have compromised immune systems, like us HIVers. The injectable vaccine does not contain live virus and is considered safe for us.
By the way, you should get not only the H1N1 vaccine, but also the seasonal flu vaccine as well.
Determining when the HIV virus was contracted
- Coated Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.