Really Worried About My Son

Dear Dr.Frascino I just wanted to say thank you for wonderful job. I hope you will get a chance to reply me since I trust you for your experience on testing techniques. I'm very concerned that my son he has had several health problems since he's having hiv exposure 6 months ago He develops chills; lips canker sores, prostatitis,oral thrush and two months ago he He started getting a sore throat and ear infection not going away and anal fistula. All this unexplained Symptoms Still Persist even after medication.

Here all the tests were done HIV 1,2 antibody at 6 weeks,3 and 6 months HIV PCR RNA at 3 months HIV PCR DNA at 5 months All this test were NEGATIVE

CD4 test at 5 months (CD3/CD4) absolute count 630 (CD3/CD4)% 39 (CD4/CD8) 0.97 (LOW) (CD3/CD8) 650 (CD3/CD8)% 41 (HIGH) LUC 1%

In our country there are many people still testing ve for long time for example 3 year and have persisted symptoms like swallowing nick node, rash, thrush. I don't know is the laps here are not like that in the USA? What about the non-B subtype I read it is not showing at the DNA PCR nor RNA, my son exposure was in SE ASIA What is the accurate test that picks up the AE subtype and C subtype as one doctor say it is rare strain and may not show at the ELISA test or any other test is it really the reason for late seroconvertion is the non-B type?

What about the CD4 /CD8 ratio it is lower than 1 and the doctor said it is happen only with HIV+ and he should retest up to 18 months and make anther CD4 test after 6 months? And he said the CD4 also lower than usual and the CD8 high indicates HIV or a viral infection is it right? And if there is no other viral infection is this proves the HIV+? I am very worried about the sore throat it is now 2 months persisted with him is it sign for low immunity?

Please give me your advice my son is sick since 6 months and no any explanation for his symptoms what should we do?

Your son's negative HIV-1 and HIV-2 tests out to six months combined with an undetectable quantitative HIV PCR RNA at three months and an undetectable qualitative PCR DNA at five months are definitive and conclusive. I can't diagnose the cause of his symptoms over the Internet, but what I can do with great certainty is advise you what is not causing them: It's not HIV. No way. No how. No further HIV testing is warranted.

There was no real indication for you to have T-cell subtypes (CD4 and CD8) performed. The pattern indicates a possible viral infection, but certainly is not diagnostic for HIV! (Many, many viruses would produce results like these.) I disagree with the recommendation for testing out to 18 months. I would advise your son follow up with his general medical doctor to evaluate and treat any ongoing symptoms he may be experiencing. He should also wise up and never again put himself at risk for HIV!

Newly Diagnosed & Exercise
Worrying Symptoms