Put your money where your mouth is...

Hi Dr. Bob! Let me first say "thank you!" You're an amazing human being and I wish I had the pleasure to know you personally. I have not asked a question of you but have continuously followed your answers to questions of others as well as going back and reading past Q&A's. Your information not only helped calm my nerves but made me laugh as well! Again, thank you! Let me get right to my point of writing you now...I had a low risk encounter with someone of unknown status back in January(female to female). However, low risk is not "no risk." So, after reading everything here regarding the "only way to know for sure is to get tested" - I went 19 weeks after possible exposure and got all the STD tests done, including HIV and all were negative! May I get a wooo hoooo please?! OK, this is what I really came here to say and I hope you will consider posting this: Going through all of this has changed my life. Even though it was low risk, the thought of it being positive changed me in a "positive" way. I now plan to help in any way I can people *LIVING* with HIV as well helping to spread the word about the need for testing and prevention methods. Of course, I will be making a donation to your foundation as well others. BUT, I want to say to all those out there who write to you about concerns and then want to make a donation - "DO MORE!" Get tested if needed and then take the experience to help others! If everyone here that writes you would not only make a donation (which is equally as important) but also go out and help to halt the spread of HIV and rally behind and care for those who have it, maybe we could see an end to this virus! I know, for me, it's the least I can do for *not* being HIV+ while others are. Just imagine what we all can do collectively!!?? Thank you Dr. Bob. "Be well and stay well." Someone I really like always says that! ;) L. P.S. Do you have any contacts in the MA or RI area that could use my help? I don't know where to start helping? I really wish I could work with you!! :)

WOO-HOO request granted with pleasure! Welcome to the X-files (ex-worried wells)! And I'm delighted to learn that your experience has produced more than WOO-HOO relief; it's resulted in newfound insights and a willingness to get involved and fight the pandemic! BRAVO! You are absolutely correct when you state: "Just imagine what we all can do collectively!" If we all just did our part, we could stop HIV cold in its tracks!

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. As for all the folks making donations to my foundation or other worthy organizations, it probably comes as no surprise that the vast, vast, vast majority of questioners promising to make a donation never follow through. No doubt they hope that a promise to donate will encourage me to respond to their query. Actually as I have frequently stated, my work here is free and available to all. Donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation or any charity should be made out of compassion, generosity and a sincere desire to help others less fortunate than we. Donations should never be made or promised as an inducement to get a response! When folks are worried I think they'll go to any lengths to get information or reassurance they can trust. Hence their deception with the thinly veiled "a donation is on its way" ploy.

As for contacts in MA and RI, I have several HIV specialist physician friends in the larger metropolitan areas, but I don't know if any of them are involved with charitable or volunteer services. I'd suggest you check with your local AIDS service organizations for volunteer opportunities. Just Google AIDS service organizations and the name of your city or town. A list should pop up. You should be able to find a volunteer opportunity that suits your needs and available time. Alternatively move to San Francisco and join the volunteers at the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation! Yeah! I really like that idea!

Many thanks for your very uplifting post!

Be well and stay well!

This is more a general comment (Dr. BOB'S RESPONSE IS INADEQUATE AND CONTRDICTORY)
eye and holy water worried wreck