Overlooked Cause of Fatigue

Some readers have written in and complained of profound ongoing fatigue in spite of normal blood panels. There are two possible concerns that are often not mentioned in the replies to these people. The first is sleep apnea. I was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea after my docs exhausted (sic!) every other test. Second, many HIV poz people are coinfected with hepatitis C(HCV) and hep B(HBV) , but many coinfected people do not realize that they have HCV. All people with HIV should be checked for both HBV and HCV, two potentially curable infections that can lead to increasingly profound chronic fatigue and ultimately, in many cases, to death if untreated.

Jerome

Hi Jerome,

I absolutely agree with you. In fact if you look through the archives (or do a search) of this forum, you'll find I've addressed both sleep apnea and hepatitis coinfection multiple times. But thanks for your reminder, nonetheless!

congrats!
Possible dioxin poisoning and fatigue