Aug 2, 2009
I was blood tested and was considered anemic. Would aids have came up while they were testing my blood for anemia?
Response from Dr. Frascino
No. The only way to diagnose HIV disease is to get an HIV-specific test.
HIV viral load
Effects of low T-Cells
- Can I Get HIV From Sucking Penis?
- Can Someone Get HIV From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Blood In Mouth?
- Can You Contract HIV From Swallowing Blood?
- HIV Risk Insertive Oral Sex
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.