Hiv cocktails

In 2001 I started the sustiva and truvada cocktail I was very fortunate to have had no major side effeck in the beginning. In 2008 I started having bad insomnia, and was told by my hiv doctor that sustiva might be playing a part in my sleep problem . So my meds was change to Norvir, truvada & reyataz with the thought that I would be able to sleep better, things got worse as I month on the new meds I still was not sleeping unless I took lorazepam at bed time. And 1 month on the new cocktail I started having massive tension headaches, ct scan, & an MRI was done. All came back normal. Do not know weather I should just go back to the sustiva & truvada as I did not see any change in sleep and I seem to have develop more issues on the 2 drugs I replaced the sustiva for. Do not know if there is any other individual out there who is having the same side effect I am having. Of to see a neurologist next week.

If you have tolerated Sustiva and Truvada since 2001 without side effects, it's very unlikely they would be the cause of your insomnia that began in 2008. It's also unlikely that your new regimen of Norvir, Truvada and Reyataz is causing "massive tension headaches." I agree an evaluation with a neurologist is warranted. If your HIV plasma viral load has remained completely suppressed and the only reason you switched off Sustiva/Truvada was to see if it was causing your insomnia, I see no reason you couldn't switch back if you so desire.

Additional evaluation is warranted if your insomnia persists. (Excessive caffeine? Stress? Anxiety? Drug-drug interactions? Recreational drugs? etc.) Your HIV specialist should be able to conduct this evaluation for you.

blast cells in peripheral smear
Travelling H1N1 risk