Excess fat

Dr. Bob, I have a buffalo hump, along with excessive fat in the back of my neck over my vertabrae. I have constant headaches and my neck tends to go forward. I have had liposuciton on the buffalo hump. Can this pressure on my neck be from the excessive fat? If so what can be done? Also my joints are in constant pain, making it difficult to walk and move around. I take truvada. Is this a side affect? Thank you Tom

Hi Tom,

Unfortunately I can't evaluate that type of problem over the Internet. Certainly it's possible that lipohypertrophy (abnormal fat deposits) can cause neck discomfort. If you are having problems with "constant pain" to the point it's becoming difficult to ambulate, I'd suggest you see an HIV-knowledgeable neurologist for an evaluation. Your HIV specialist should be able to give you the appropriate referral. The symptoms you are describing are not a known side effect of Truvada.

Good luck Tom.

im depressed
alzindani cure