Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

your perfect disciple needs wooohooo!
Jun 16, 2009

Dear Dr Bob, You dont have to answer my question, but just wooohoo me if you read my e-mail. i did a mistake 3 months back. i had unprotected insertive oral sex with a stripper. After the episode i got scared! i was convinced that i ruined my life and am going to be HIV positive soon. After surfing the net for answers, I found your website. Needless to say, I got hooked on to your forum instantaniously, and became your fan!! Well since my last mistake i have done everything you have suggested in archives! 1. I confessed to my wife about my stupidity. And you are right!, it made me feel better! ( as you say, it not only made me confront my guilt, but also it was the right thing to do). 2. i spend the 12 week window hell educating myself about HIV. i have got enough knowledge about HIV that i scored a 100% on medscape HIV CME test!! ( this tests is desinged for doctors!!) 3. I volunteered in horison hospice program ( chicago based)and served HIV positive people! 4. I got a HIV home access test at 12 weeks post exposure which came back negative. ( it only checkes for HIV 1, but i did not have any risks for HIV 2) 5. Last but not the least, i am coming to SF and am going to personally donate to your foundation!! i hope i can see you in person that time !!

Thanks for the great work

your perfect Disciple!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Perfect Disciple,

BRAVO! I'm delighted (and a bit amazed) that you followed all of my recommendations. I'm even more delighted that your definitive 12-week HIV test is negative. WOO-HOO!!!!

Thank you for your kind comments, for writing back and updating us on your story, for becoming educated about HIV/AIDS and for joining the battle against the pandemic by volunteering your time at the Horizon Hospice. I'm impressed you scored 100% on the Medscape HIV CME test! (Soon you'll be able to join me answering questions in this forum!) Remember to take what you've learned and "pay it forward." That means teach what you've learned to others. If we all do our part, we'll be able to not only turn the tide on this raging and volatile pandemic, but also to stop HIV/AIDS dead in its tracks!

Finally, thank you for your willingness to make a tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your one gift will touch many lives. On behalf of those people, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Be well. Stay well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
dr bob!
Next
Please...I need your help!!! Having a breakdown

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.