|Can sinuses cause your CD4 count to lower?
Jun 16, 2009
Recently my partner's sinuses have been acting up, we just got back our CD4 counts and his are lower then we expected at 355. Is it possible that his sinuses are causing his CD4 counts to be low?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, absolutely. CD4 cells do a lot more than just fight HIV. They are involved in almost any type inflammation anywhere in the body. Any intercurrent infection anywhere in the body can result in a transient decline in CD4 cell counts and often a rise in HIV plasma viral load as well.
I LOVE this website
fly to EUA
- Is It Possible To Get HIV From Erotic Massage?
- Oral Sex On A Woman And HIV Transmission Risk
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting HIV
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Blood On Hand?
- Are Black Spots An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Could Itchy Skin Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.