|blood count numbers
Apr 27, 2009
I am a 48 year old female that is HIV positive. I recently had a blood test that showed hemoglobin 15.4 and hematocrit 46.6. My CD4 count is 610 virus is undetectable. What could be causing the high numbers on my blood test?
Response from Dr. Frascino
High numbers?!?! What high numbers? Both your hemoglobin and absolute CD4 count are within the normal range. Normal hemoglobin values in women can range from 12 to 16 g/dL.
humour and hiv
how does hiv meds related depression feel like
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Genital Wart Treatment And Healing Time
- Is A Venereal Disease The Same As An Std?
- Permanent Cure For Genital Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.