After 25 years why is there no cure?

I just don't believe we can't cure HIV. Are scientists or big pharma or the government withholding the cure? Zack

"Are scientists or big pharma, or the government withholding the cure?" The answer would be none of the above! Would you like to guess how many viral illnesses have ever been cured with medical treatment??? One! That's correct: Only one hepatitis C and that one is not cured very often. Viruses are not like bacteria, which can be wiped out by using antibiotics. Viruses are much craftier. Some viral illnesses, while not curable with medication, can be effectively prevented with vaccinations (measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis A and B, etc.). Other viruses that infect us cause problems initially and then remain dormant in our systems essentially forever (herpes, EBV, etc.). There are loads of viruses that infect us and then spontaneously resolve on their own as they run their course. (The common cold and flu are excellent examples.) And of course there are some really, really nasty viruses out there that can put you six feet under very quickly (Ebola for instance).

I really don't understand why conspiracy theorists insist the cure to AIDS is being suppressed by wicked governmental forces (after all Cheney's been kicked out of Washington, right?) or money-grubbing pharmaceutical giants. Has it ever crossed your mind that there are loads and loads of diseases that have been around for much longer than HIV/AIDS that we can't cure? What about diabetes, heart disease, stroke, asthma, arthritis, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and "the heartbreak of psoriasis" frevinsakes! Are the government and big pharma suppressing cures for these ailments as well?

Eventually we will cure these ailments and HIV/AIDS too. Unfortunately the cure is not on the horizon just yet. In the meantime it's worth noting that the progress we've made in treating HIV/AIDS over a relatively short period of time is nothing less than miraculous!

Adderall for Fatigue (ADDERALL VS. PROVIGIL)
I want to treat my HIv the natural way