Hiv and Antibiotics

I am waiting to find out all the medical information I have on my blood work. I found out 3 days ago that I was HIV positive. I went to the hospital for what I thought was an insect bite on my earlobe. Come to find out it was some sort of infection. Should I take the antibiotics prescribed if I don't know how far along the HIV in my body has developed. I'm afraid and confused.

Yes, I would recommend you take the antibiotics prescribed for your earlobe infection. This will not affect what's going on with your HIV disease. I recommend you establish care with an HIV specialist. Also read through the information in the "Just Diagnosed Resource Center" that can be easily accessed on The Body's homepage.

Good luck. I'm here if you need me.

is AZT toxic
Swollen lymph nodes