How long should I sleep ?

I tested positive about 5 weeks ago.Symptoms were a couple of small ulcers in the mouth that had been there about 2 months and not healing,thrush, discomfort on swallowing on one side of my neck,a cough (phlem was clear), and a total and utter feeling of wastedness & tiredness - not wanting to do anything.My CD4 count was 52,I gather this is very low - and I was put straight on meds.Truvada & Kaletra, as well as a phnumonia antibiotic. 8 days later - and I feel wonderful, and everything has cleared up ! Unbelievable.I know that sleep is now very important.I tend to sleep 5 or 6 hours at night, and then 2 during the afternoon.I have always done this since being 18.I am now 46. Is this enough ? Should I just go to sleep whenever I feel tired ? Since I started the meds, I no longer feel so tired. Thank you.

Sleeping or resting when you're tired is a good idea. Your eight hours a day is a good general guideline.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling so much better on your combination antiretroviral regimen. I'm however very concerned that your HIV disease was not discovered until your CD4 count had plummeted to such dangerously low levels. This suggests you've been HIV positive for 5 to 10 years! How is it that neither you (based on risk exposure) nor your doctor (based on your medical history, physical examination, laboratory studies, etc.) failed to pick this up sooner? Close follow up with your HIV specialist is warranted. You may be feeling better, but you're not out of the woods yet!

Check out the "Just Diagnosed Resource Center" easily accessed on The Body's homepage.

weak, no appetite,no fever what do ya think?
is AZT toxic