Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Blood Count problems, Anaemia and HIV
Feb 10, 2009

Hello Dr.

I'm a big fan of your site and of the work you do yo help others. I wonder if you can help me somewhat. I had a HIV test 5 months and at 9 months after unprotective sex and they were clear. I also had one at one year but that GP never called me back and I didn't go to get my results. This was 3 years ago. However, I have a phobia of illnesses and even though they were clear, I live with a constant bird at my ear telling me everytime I get ill that it could be HIV and that it wasn't detected. Recently I went for a blood count test and received a letter from my GP asking me to come in to discuss the results, (I know I'm low in iron). My question is, could it be that my iron levels concern her as it may lead to anaemia or as silly as I feel asking...could my white cells be down and she is concerned about that? Indicative possible HIV? Anything would help.

Thankyou

Response from Dr. Frascino

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Previous
HIV around the sperm
Next
Re: Vivid Dreamer

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.