had a parasite and still sick

ive infected with HIV for yrs now and very healthy.. in aug i got a minor sinus infection and became weak... when i went to the dr to have in treated in november. they gave me a zpac i came down with terrible diareaha for 5 days straight in the middle of the night. then it just went away but i felt terrible..i got somewhat better, my dr said i had colitis being my stomach is so sensitiive to meds. during that time i could not take my meds at all.. anyway i got very sick again went into the hospital a few weeks back and they found a parasite. giardi,.. right away my stomach started feeling better.. i lost 24 lbs over 2 months.. although im slowly gaining weight. i still feel terrible. been out of work and lay around all day.. my dr. says i need to rebuild my body.. its been a long time though and im not on anything.. all i do is sleep..what do u think i should do. thank u for ur time rob

Giardia could certainly account for your weight loss, which in turn could account for your feeling weak and tired. Now that your Giardia has been successfully treated and you are slowly regaining weight, I see no reason you should not be restarted on antiretrovirals, assuming they are indicated. I would also recommend a consultation with an HIV-knowledgeable nutritionist to evaluate and optimize your diet. In addition you need to increase your activity/exercise level gradually as tolerated. Finally, you might consider a second opinion from another HIV specialist to reevaluate your entire case and to suggest therapeutic options.

Good luck. I'm here if you need me.

What is going on???
Atripla - Sustiva Side Effects