|anemia effect on HIV antibody test
Jan 5, 2009
Hi Dr, My friend has anemia. She is going to get a HIV antibody test for HIV 1 and HIV 2. Being anemic or having anemia, does it have an affect on the HIV antibody test? i mean like delayed sero conversion or false results. Does she need to get a PCR. Please advise
Response from Dr. Frascino
Anemia will not affect HIV-antibody test results.
hiv ab test, western blot and p24 (PREGNANCY)
- Blood Transfusion How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Biting?
- Can Someone Catch HIV From Touching Skin?
- Can U Get AIDS From Precum Touching Vagina?
- Can You Catch AIDS From Licking Vagina?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.