Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Shuld i be worried...?
Dec 31, 2008

Helo , im writing all the way from croatia ,around 2008-3-3 i received an oral sex from a foreign person of whom i suspected that was hiv positive... afther 2 and half months , somewhere at 2008-20-6 i went to get test done , i was negative to everything except hepathitis b , apparently anti bodies were found , my doc said it was from vacine when i was kid , later i got tested , which was more or less sharp 6 months from my sexual intercourse and i was negative to everything , now im noticing some tinny bumps behind my ear ( 1 to be precise its size of an rice bean... and i duno how to explain it but like a vein or something thats long like 3 Cms ( place where lymph node is suposed to be on the neck ) on my neck i can touch it it doesnt hurt at all ... i realy duno what to do , shuld i get another test ? that person pushed her finger in my anus i was drunk and i culdnt remmber if it had something on it... does hiv progres slower if it enters body in small amounts or it doesnt mather ? can it somehow be hiden in body before actualy infecting someone , culd it surface up afther i duno 2-3 months or more? or these things arent imposible?

i wuld much apreciate an answer... thank you and sorry if this is not place for my question

how enlarged are lymph nodes if someones got HIV+ , shuld i be worried cus i can feel my nodes?

p.s. sry for grammar english is not my native

Response from Dr. McGowan

If you tested HIV negative 6 months after your sexual encounter you should not worry about having contracted HIV from that episode. Assuming you have not had any other potential exposures to HIV since that time there would be no need to test again now. There are many potential causes for swollen glands in the neck: from infections in the teeth, throat, gums, etc as well as generalized viral infections. Some, like tuberculosis or lymphoma can be serious. If the swellings persist or grow you should have it checked out by a medical provider.

Best, Joe

Previous
Effect of Antibiotics on Atripla/ VL+CD4
Next
Ongoing vomiting and dry heav

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.