Dec 28, 2008
I am hiv+ and my niece has a case of chicken pox, we both were together at a family gathering, is it a concern for me with being poz?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Chicken pox can be transmitted by:
1. direct contact, droplet or aerosol from the vesicular fluid (of the skin rash);
2. secretions from the respiratory tract; and
3. indirectly via contaminated articles.
The incubation period is 10-21 days. HIVers who have an exposure to chickenpox (or shingles) plus no history of illness and, if available, negative anti-varicella IgG titers should see their HIV specialist without delay. Preventative treatment with varicella zoster immune globulin (VZIG) is available, but must be given within 96 hours of exposure (preferably 48 hours!).
Problems getting a hard erection
No energy ,No appitite
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.