I'm Worried

Hello Dr McGowan, i had heamaroids about a month back and was bombarded with toilet water every time i went, it was fine then but now im experiencing some symtoms, could there have been something in the water? How long would it take for me to realise if i did have the virus?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Dear Worried.

Transmission of HIV via toilet water that splashed back would not be likely. The best protection against HIV infection is your intact skin. Virus transmssion via stool has not been documented and even if it were bloody stool the virus would be highly diluted by the water and would not survive outside the body for long.

So, the long and the short of it is, don't worry.

Joe

6 months???
Prezista & Norvir