THANK YOU

I wanted to say thank you for this site, it has helped me with my fear of HIV and this was the answer i was looking for- this person asked the question i was thinking! YOU ARE AWESOME

Hi Amazon Guy from the Middle of the World,

I have absolutely no doubt that you are HIV negative. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to almost six months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Can someone test negative four days short of six months and then test ELISA-positive at exactly six months? No. The immune system really doesn't work like a stopwatch or clock. Without extenuating circumstances, a negative FDA-approved HIV-antibody test (rapid test or ELISA) is considered to be definitive and conclusive. A negative rapid test (including OraQuick) is considered to be a definitive negative test if performed outside the "window period" (three months). The problem with rapid tests is that not all positive tests are true-positives. That is why all positive rapid tests are considered preliminarily positive results and need confirmation with Western Blot or immunofluorescence assay (IFA) to be considered a definitive true-positive test. The bottom line is that you don't need to worry about "false negative" results with rapid tests.

Do we use OraQuick rapid tests at the Frascino Medical Group? Yes we do.

I suggest you stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing! Thanks for your generous donation. It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well!)

You're welcome!

As it turns out, approximately 98% of the questions I receive on a daily basis I've already answered in previous posts! Yep, that's correct: 98% of the questioners waiting for a response from me can find the information or reassurance they are looking for waiting for them in the archives! All they have to do is double click. Hopefully your post will encourage others to have a look and search the archives!

Be well. Happy Holidays.

How Long?(LIFE EXPECTANCY) (PROGNOSIS)
KS on the bottom of foot