|HIV test and Liquid?
Dec 4, 2008
Thank you Dr. McGowan for your previous answer, I apreciate it. So I guess I should stop worrying. Because the instance that bothered me took place 3 years ago, so I got tested recently (test was negative) and the day before I had a cold so I drank lots of fluids and that is why I was worried that those fluids would interfere with HIV antibody levels in my blood and cause a negative result (dilute them or something). Would you say all it is is just my anxiety? And after 3 years, it would sure be diagnosed by now?
Response from Dr. McGowan
Yes, I would not worry about an exposure from 3 years ago if your test is now negative. Generally by 6 months the test should be positive. Just continue to take steps to remain negative.
Be well, Joe
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.