Can Syphilis infection lower CD4?

Hi

Recently my CD4 dropped from 426 to 241 in just 3 months. Can a syphilis infection do this? If yes, if I take the necessary antibiotics, will my CD4 go back up?

Thank you.

Almost any concurrent infection can cause CD4 counts to drop and HIV viral load to skyrocket. The reason you should take antibiotics if you have syphilis is not primarily to boost your sagging CD4 count, but rather to prevent syphilis from killing you. Bend over and get those penicillin shots if you need them! They indeed can be lifesavers.

too tired to be buff!
I got Visa without having knowledge of the diseases in admissible into the US but I am Positive