Joint Aches

My question is my severe joint pain, mainly in my knees, elbows, and fingers. I have been positive for 22 years and currently on Isentress (400 mg twice daily), Truvada (200/300 mg once daily) and TMC 125 (100 mg 2 pills twice daily). My viral load is undectable and CD4 300. My HIV Specialist has indicated it is as a result of getting older (48 yrs young), I would really appreciate your feedback on this condition and how this is related to either the HIV infection itself or side effects from the medication. I do exercise and take vitamins and minerals with a good diet. Looking forward to hearing a different perspective on Age, Meds, and HIV infection as the cause of this pain in the butt condition. Thanks

Unfortunately, I am not able to adequately evaluate or diagnose the cause of joint pain over the Internet. What I can tell you is that:

1. There are a variety of rheumatic conditions associated with HIV/AIDS that could be underlying causes.

2. Forty-eight does not qualify as "getting older!" In fact, 48 is the new 38!

My advice would be to seek the help of an HIV-knowledgeable rheumatologist if your HIV specialist is unable or unwilling to evaluate your problem. A pain in a joint should not be such a pain in the butt.

why do i sleep all the time
Severe Foot Cramps