Fatigue

My VL is non -detectable and Tcl's are about 750 was diagnosed 13 years ago when admitted to hospital with PCP,VL was 750000 copies and TCL's were 150, currently now on Truvada and Nevirapine and have never looked back since leaving hospital [ guess I am a lucky one ] but what actually makes you so tired and fatigued a lot of the time when all the bloods and levels are so good. Just wondering.Thanks

Thirteen years and counting? Yes, you are one of the lucky ones. (Me, too. I'm nearly 18 years and counting!)

Fatigue in the setting of HIV/AIDS is extremely common and extremely annoying. The cause often turns out to be multifactorial. That means there are usually multiple underlying causes working in tandem to zap our zip. The common underlying causes include anemia; psychological causes, such as depression and stress; unrecognized infection; drug side effects, toxicities or interactions; hormonal imbalances, such as low testosterone, low thyroid hormone and adrenal insufficiency; and HIV itself. Along with these, there are myriad not-so-common potential underlying causes. Take a read through the archives. We have an entire chapter called "Diagnosing the Underlying Causes of Fatigue." Make a list of potential causes and then discuss the list with your HIV specialist. With a bit of collaborative detective work, together you should be able to identify the causes of your fatigue. Once the causes are known, specific treatment can be started to recharge your batteries.

tingling in my legs /fatigue
Is this acceptable treatment?