HIV Test at Clinic

What type of safety precautions are put into place at HIV testing sites? I recently took a test at a free clinic (I get one done every year but this was the first time at a clinic) and the test came back negative. They did both a blood draw and a fingerstick (Ora Rapid and then Western Blot if that comes back positive). I am not good with needles so I couldn't watch the girl draw my blood (although I'm sure it was clean) but the lancet device made me extraordinarly nervous about the cleaness/if the lancet was changed (my blood didnt initially come out with the fingerstick but I seemed to have blood on the outside of my finger away from the wound).

I am very worried about having been exposed, and if so would my odds for contracting HIV be the same as a needle stick?

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

knocked out
What if you felt Inner Chest/ Lung Pain for HIV?