Question I could not find in the archives

Dr. Bob, Thanks for your great work. At first I wondered why some of your responses were so goofy, but I think that's to keep your sanity.

I was masturbating with a guy I don't know very well on separate chairs (I like to be super safe). All was well (he got off, I got off) until he decided to lunge towards me and try to touch my penis with his semen-covered hands. They weren't dripping (I had provided him with a paper towel), but they weren't sterile either. He didn't get to my penis, but his hand did hit my hand which had a finger cut on it. The cut was covered with a band-aid, but it had gotten wet earlier (and I think wet band-aids absorb fluids pretty easily).

I went to the bathroom and rinsed my hand with hot water and then took the band-aid off and rinsed it again. The small cut hadn't healed.

How low is my risk?

You're right about Palin. John McCain lost my vote with her. I'm trying to convince my Republican parents to do the same!

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

McCAIN /PALIN MAVERICKS OR NIGHTMARES
Treatment during seroconversion