The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Study Abroad
Sep 10, 2008

I want to study abroad in Austrailia next year and am starting to plan the trip now so I have all my ducks in a row. However, there seems to be a fairly large hurdle in the way: it seems as though I have to disclose my HIV status to the Austrailian government and possibly undergo a physical in order to get granted a student visa. It looks as though this is going to be the case and I was wondering if someone with experience in HIV-related foreign travel could help me with this issue. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Australia has also been rather rightwing with some of its policies; however, I haven't heard of student visas being declined due to HIV-positive serostatus. If any of our readers have additional information, let us know and I'll post it online! The Land Down Under continues to be one of my favorite travel destinations! I have no doubt you'll have a fine time! Pet a koala for me. OK?

Dr. Bob

with other meds for other problems

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint