Started PEP- Is it necessary in my situation???

Dr Bob, I wanted to ask you about PEP in my situation. I just began a regimen of Kaletra and Truvada after an unknown potential exposure over the weekend while in Laguna Beach. I performed oral sex on a male friend of mine who is a physician the first night. I know he is HIV negative. The second night, I was among the same group of friends, all of whom are upstanding, responsible individuals. We were all rather drunk and had used cocaine. I ended up hooking up with a different man- I do not recall us fucking, and he also said the next day that we didn't. At the time we hooked up, I was rather intoxicated, and ended up passing out in his bed. There was another threesome in another bedroom hooking up at the same time where there was anal sex with protection. I know two of the others are HIV negative, but I didn't know the third, but he seemed like a normal california twenty-something. I have the somewhat irrational fear that after I passed out, someone fucked me without me knowing it. I called my doctor to see if I should start PEP and he said that when cocaine is involved, sometimes people don't recall what happened, so he would recommend PEP. I just tested negative two weeks ago, and want to stay that way. What are your thoughts here, and how horrible are the side effects of PEP with Truvada and Kaletra? I so appreciate your expertise here. This is so not normally how I behave. I am beating myself up over what went on this weekend. I am donating to your foundation as well. Thanks again for all you do.

Sincerely, Scared Shitless Dave

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Really worried
ENTERING THE USA (TRAVEL BAN)