Inconclusive Western Blot

Dr. Frascino, I received an inconclusive Western Blot with a weak positive 24p and a neutral 40p. I am a heterosexual male and have never had a real reason to fear being HIV positive. My doctor failed to get an ELISA test originally but I went and had the ELISA test today. I know the 24p is the first to usually show up on a Western Blot. Is there a chance I still may be okay? Every other antibody was a negative, aside from the neutral 40p. I'm a nervous wreck.

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Tired of my Sustiva induced gynecomastia
Really worried