Hiv problems

I`ve been Hiv positive since 1989 and my recent blood test showed my Viral Load is 1300 and my cd4 count dropped from 540 to 245.When I lived in Florida my viral load was always undetectable but since I moved to another state,3 years ago, it goes up and down.For the last 6 yrs I`ve been on Sustiva and the blue pill[abacavir300/lamivudine150/zdv300.My doctor from the Va has mentioned my changing to a 3 pill regiment...

Yep, it's time for a change! There is a good chance you've developed resistance to one or more of the drugs in your current combo. Before switching, I'd recommend you get a resistance test (genotype/phenotype). This will show which antiretrovirals your virus is no longer sensitive to and help your HIV specialist select a new, more effective, regimen for you. You can read more about HIV resistance tests and HIV medications on this site. Check under the Quick Links heading on The Body's homepage.

Good luck!

I want U.S. Citizens To Know..
What does PEPFAR's passing mean for HIV-positive immigration?