Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I want U.S. Citizens To Know..
Aug 27, 2008

..that HIV care is provided in EVERY country of the European Union regardless of ability to pay. We in the European Union see the access to health care as a basic human right. So United States citizens should listen to those who advocate for universal health care in their country. Further, right-minded people in the European Union are shocked and amazed that the United States of America can wage wars costing trillons of dollars while its own people die from the want of HIV pills once or twice- a- day. So, Doctor Robert, I have great respect for your voice, compassion, concern, justice, and the willingness to make today a little brighter than yesterday, and for speaking out for those that seem to have no voice in the United States of America regarding the right to health care. Kind regards, Kurt.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Kurt,

I absolutely agree with you (and all the industrialized nations of the world, including all the countries in the European Union): access to health care is indeed a basic human right! That the U.S. has 47 million people who don't have health care and an additional 25 million who are underinsured is morally reprehensible. (Michael Moore's movie "Sicko" documents this well.) Certainly, any American with a moral conscience must vote for Obama and the Democrats in November to address this shameful situation. McBush, I mean McCain, is not seriously addressing this issue. As Hillary said tonight in her excellent speech at the Democratic National Convention: "No way. No how. No McCain!" (Sounds like she's been reading my forum!)

Thanks Kurt for taking the time to write in.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
FATIGUE, SWEATING AND BLOODY URINE
Next
Hiv problems

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.