Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Scared!
Aug 19, 2008

Dear doctor,

I am an extremely paranoid 19-year-old from New York City. I had my first sexual encounter in December 2007 with an airline attendant (male) that only involved unprotected oral sex (he gave me) and the tips of our penises touched each other. We did not have any form of sex. He assured me he was HIV negative as part of his job, and I know that he carries condoms and always has safe sex.

However, I've been nervous ever since. He keeps telling me he's clean and I have nothing to worry about. His last test a few months back came out negative, and he did one back in July 2007 and it was also negative.

I had no symptoms at first, but then a lymph node popped up in my neck and caused a major stiff neck. Over the course of the next few months, I developed several petechiae on my arms and small red patches of skin, along with generalized itching (no rashes whatsoever) and some lymph swelling in my right groin. I also lost about nine kilograms (just over ten percent of my body weight) in about two months. I'm scared to death that I have HIV, but I'm also thinking it might be Hodgkin's lymphoma since I fit more symptoms of the latter than I do the former! I don't have any organ enlargement, no fever, and no night sweats. I have fatigue and loss of appetite.

Please tell me what you think! I look forward to hearing from you soon. God bless you!

-Terrified in NYC

Response from Dr. Frascino

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Previous
Anoth Bush rant...
Next
Aren't you ashamed Dr. Frascino?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.