LIE?

Dr. Bob,

It is not really any ones buisness how you contracted HIV. You have helped many people on this forum and do not have to answer anyones questions about how you became infected. Its none of there buisness. I have alway found your answers to questions people have asked to be forthwright and honest. Thanks for being there when we need help.

Thanks for your support.

The important point I wanted to make by publishing that person's conspiracy theory is that HIV is a viral infection pure and simply. That the virus found me while I was working doesn't make me any more innocent or guilty than someone who contracted the virus because he thought he was in love. Trying to place blame or guilt or suggesting even indirectly that someone might deserve to be infected whereas someone else is an innocent victim is ludicrous. No one wanted to be HIV infected. I don't mind people knowing I was infected by an occupational exposure. The honest truth is it really shouldn't matter how someone acquires the illness. As a sexually active gay man living in San Francisco in the late 70s and early 80s prior to the identification or recognition of HIV, I certainly could have acquired the infection like so many other unsuspecting folks did. That I did not I chalk up to pure luck and nothing more. It's time we focus on fighting HIV and preventing future infections, rather than trying to place blame or divide those infected into innocent victims and those who somehow deserved their fate!

Safe Sex Serosorting.
Anal sex