Starting meds

I was diagnosed with HIV about 2 months ago and just started Atripla this week. I used to workout four times per week, have a lot of strength, energy, and appetite. Since taking this medicine in the past 5 days I have had bloated feeling, loss of apetite. Is this a short-term reaction to the medicine ? Can I look forward to my life going back to wear I had energy, appetite, strength ?

It's not uncommon for folks to experience side effects associated with their antiretroviral regimens. After all, these are very potent medications used to fight a very potent and wily virus. Often the initial side effects wear off or at least calm down considerably during the first six to eight weeks of treatment. If your symptoms persist, talk to your HIV specialist. She'll be able to help.

Proposed Change In Rules For Entry To US For People With HIV
medication