allergic reaction sleep aid

Greetings Dr. I've taken Ambien for several years(along with many other HIV medicationss) and havenever had problems. I've just recently been taking Ambien every night for last two weeks, a building burning sensation of my tougne and lips developed. I stopped taking the ambien last night and subsitiuded 1.0 Mg. of Xanax, If noticed atleast a 50 percent decrease in this burning of the tougne and lips. Can you recommend a different class of sleep aid for me? And have you had reports of similar reactions? CD 4 is 265. my meds are Issntress, Epzicom, Virume 200 Mg.. Nexium, Remeron 30 Mg. Paxil 40 Mg.Neurontin 4 daily at 400 Mg. Thank You./ Yours truly, Crixivan Fan.

Hello Crixivan Fan,

Because you've "taken Ambien for several years and have never had problems," it is unlikely your current symptoms are related to an "allergic reaction" to Ambien. There are a variety of other medications to try, if indeed you need a change. I would suggest you discuss this with your HIV specialist, rather than getting a recommendation from me, OK?

As for your moniker "Crixivan Fan," is anyone still a Crixivan fan? I certainly don't have pleasant memories of being on that drug!

Research question
Wine and Beer a problem W/ meds?